Matthew 6:33 New Living Translation (NLT)
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
As we begin the daunting task of distance learning this year, it is ever so important to start each day with Jesus. Seek his wisdom, counsel, patience, and insight at the beginning of each school day. Make it a routine to use a children’s devotional, or bible story book, ALC YouTube message, or a passage of scripture that you all read together. Make time to discuss, ask questions, and pray over the day. Encourage each child to participate and seek the Lord as challenges come…and they will!
It’s always good to have a plan, so below are a few tips that will help distance learning go a bit smoother:
- Establish routines and expectations.
- Set-up a dedicated learning environment.
- Help your kids “own” their learning and take responsibility for it.
- Take breaks to move and stretch, have a snack and hydrate.
- Write out assignments and have kids check them off when completed for a great feeling of accomplishment!
- Check in with your children’s teachers, pray for and encourage them.
- Take care of yourself!
Choose to surrender the school day to Jesus and give yourself, your kids, and the teachers grace. Seeking Jesus at the beginning of each school day, and keeping your eyes on him will lift you up during the 2020 school year!
Happy Valley Elementary Small Groups Director